Monday, January 30, 2006

The Worst Day of the Year, Or the Most Heartless Thing Said to Me All Year

Date: January 30 2006

Time: 2:58pm

Heard: "So........ what are you doing on Valentine's Day......?"

My Response: "Nothing. Giving blood." (Followed by tears.)

What Lisa might as well have said: "So..... you're still single?"

(Actually, it wasn't so bad at all, but much more funny. There weren't any tears, I just thought it would be funny to quote and make Lisa feel really guilty. In fact, her husband has to be out of town that week and this was her preface to asking if I wanted to hang out on the 14th. It's going to be a night of death.... by chocolate, that is.)

3 comments:

J Man said...

Mmmmmm...... Chocolate....

It will be a happy death. I'm glad to have known you. Hope I get to see you one more time before then... You should come over this weekend - there's someone in town I think would love to see you.

Michelle said...

Ooooooooh, who could it be? You make it sound so sneaky, but I know it's Alissa. I'll be there with bells on!

J Man said...

Just bells?? I hope it's warm out!