Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Listaholic

I love lists. I write a To Do list every day and frequently add to my Things I Plan to Research list, my Books/CDs I'd Like to Learn More About and Possibly Buy list, my List of Favorite Websites, and so on. There are probably 2 or 3 little pieces of paper in my pocket every day with a list written on each one. It's so prolific, a friend from college eventually gave me a little coil notebook specifically for list writing. My Book of Lists (not to be confused with the actual published Book of Lists or Lists to Live By, which, of course, I own) now contains various lists about my thoughts, ideas, things I like, etc. That's also what my blog is about, so over the next while I will be publishing one little list at a time for your viewing pleasure. And mine.

I'll start with a list of a few of Lisa's and My Theories...
- Most British people look a little bit inbred (Lisa)
- If you run through rain, you'll get wetter than if you walk (me)
- If you've never broken a bone as a child, you'll never break one as an adult (Lisa)
- The best love ballads are sung by country and hard rock bands (me)
- If you can't roll your tongue, you can't whistle (Lisa)
- Contrary to popular opinion, there are no good looking men in Australia that are Australian (me)

If you don't agree with any of my theories, please let me know and I'll reconsider the theory based on your evidence and tests.

Next list coming soon!

6 comments:

J Man said...

Well, Lisa's theory isn't totally correct - in my experience. I was 22 years old when I broke my nose - the first, and only bone I've broken.
Also, I'm not totally sure about the Australian theory. Though, I cannot back it up, my friend is dating an Australian, and she says he's pretty hott - and, yes, he does live Down Under.

Michelle said...

While I believe you did break your nose, I must disagree that that constitutes hard evidence, since the nose is made up of cartilage, not bones.

And your friend is dating an Australian whom she SAYS is hot... that's certainly debatable. I would welcome a picture for verfication.

Jenn said...

I would like to point out that Scottish men are also not very attractive...as you well know. The Dutch, however, are all beautiful, as you also know.

J Man said...

OK, so I think I've seen a pic of my friends dude in Oz... you may be right about that one, too.

Michelle said...

Yessssssss!

(said like Napoleon Dynamite)

Vagabondsoul said...

1). Generally, I'd agree, as our most people from the villages surrounding Winkler.
2). It depends on how hard it's raining and what type of rain it is.
3). No way. Talk to my cousin.
4). Nothing good about country. Best ballads are by heavy metal bands.
5). Totally agree re: tongue & whistling with fingers; 'plain' whistling, no problem.
6). Contrary to popular opinion, there are NO good-looking men.