Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Quizzical (Revised)

You know those little quizes you can take.... the "What's My Personality?" quiz, the "What's My IQ?" quiz, the "What Does My Room Say About Me?" quiz, the "What's My Shopping Style?" quiz... (excuse me while I puke)... [Ok, to be honest, I have taken the IQ quiz and various personality quizzes in my lifetime, but I will NOT take a shopping quiz.]

Well, here's a quiz with a little more substance; at least it gets us thinking about theological issues and our views. Granted, some of the answer choices are far apart from the others, leaving little middle of the road options, but they're all right for the most part. And you can choose "Not sure." Basically, it's a "Which Denomination Would Fit Me Best?" quiz. (Because it's all about me, right?) Kind of fun. Especially if you manipulate answers your second time through to really wacky choices and see which denominations are the wackiest!

Click on this...

(And if, perchance, you don't like to be pigeonholed into a particular denomination, you may find the article "Christian Protoypes" in my April archives to be helpful - it is a very insightful depiction of categorizing Christians .... 'cause hey, we know we're not all the same!)

My Results...
1: Presbyterian/Reformed (100%)
2: Anglican/Episcopal/Church of England (92%)
3: Congregational/United Church of Christ (87%)
4: Eastern Orthodox (83%)
5: Baptist (Reformed/Particular/Calvinistic) (80%)
6: Pentecostal/Charismatic/Assemblies of God (61%)
7: Lutheran (56%)
8: Methodist/Wesleyan/Nazarene (56%)
9: Church of Christ/Campbellite (47%)
10: Baptist (non-Calvinistic)/Plymouth Brethren/Fundamentalist (46%)
11: Seventh-Day Adventist (46%)
12: Roman Catholic (43%)
13: Anabaptist (Mennonite/Quaker etc.) (27%)

Strange... I made one or two changes when I took the test again today, and all of a sudden I'm more Presbyterian/Reformed than Baptist (Reformed/Particular/Calvinistic)... who knew...

8 comments:

J Man said...

OK, going to take the quiz... just trying to think which denomination would want an F-Word Christian like myself!

J Man said...

Well, the link didn't work, exactly (you've got too many http://'s); but, I found what we're looking for....
Aparently I'd fit best w. the SDA's. That'd make my Aunt & Uncle happy. Except I think they (aunt & uncle) believe that only SDAs are going to Heaven.
I'm wondering if the quiz threw me into that denomination b/c I said Sunday wasn't important (it doesn't mean I think Saturday is more important.... spiritually speaking, of course!).

Silly quizzes!

Jenn said...

I turned out to be a Reformed Baptist...i always liked that Re-form!

Michelle said...

J, I think the United, Catholic, Lutheran, and Presbyterian churches (especially the liberal ones of the last two) would be very happy to welcome an F-word Christian such as yourself! And hopefully the SDA's too.... :)

J Man said...

Actually, according to this survey, the Catholics want nothing to do with me!

Michelle said...

Well, in that case you could swear around them, but they'd be onto you once you started talking theology. And you'd be excommunicated quicker than you could say Jack Robinson, or Pope Benedict, in this case.

Vagabondsoul said...

I did the quiz a few times and I'm a bit of everything - different each time...what am I gonna' do? I can't decide unless the internet tells me! ;)

Unknown said...

I found this quiz to be insteresting but useful..
Here's my results:

(100%)1:Baptist(non-Calvinistic)/Fundamentalist
(98%) 2:Baptist(Reformed/ Calvinistic)
(93%) 3:Pentecostal/Charismatic
(92%) 4:Congregational/United Church of Christ
(88%) 5:Presbyterian/Reformed
(82%) 6:Methodist/Wesleyan/ Nazarene
(81%) 7:Lutheran
(79%) 8:Seventh-Day Adventist
(77%) 9:Anabaptist(Mennonite/ Quaker)
(77%)10:Anglican/Episcopal/Church of England
(74%)11:Eastern Orthodox
(69%)12:Church of Christ/ Campbellite
(53%)13:Roman Catholic

I'm not sure what all those percentages are for, though... I'm pretty sure they add up to more than 100%???