Friday, March 16, 2007

When a Bad Day is a Good Thing... (?)

His setting: a downtown Winnipeg bus stop at 11:30 pm.

My setting: hemming curtains on my living room floor.

The following is a text message conversation.


R: Guess what? A guy just pulled a knife on me.

Me: What?!

R: Yeah. He wanted my backpack and wallet.

Me: What did u do?

R: I told him 2 screw off & pushed him out of my way.

R: He wasn't that aggressive. He was wasted.

R: He's lying on the ground where I pushed him, whimpering.

R: Now he's taking a piss.


Later....



Me: Maybe it was kind of good you'd had a bad day...

R: He's lucky I didn't grab his knife and stab him with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing about that last comment... my coworkers are looking at me funny... !! :)

J Man said...

Best mugging EVER!

Lisa said...

So funny! I love it!

Vagabondsoul said...

I'm tired of being harrassed by gang members, thugs, miscreants, and sob-story-tellers.

All I want is to be able to walk home from 160 Princess to my condo in peace (not pieces).